Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love Day Recap!

When I think of love, I think of God. He sent his Son to die for my sins, and that's a beautiful, powerful, life-changing thing.


Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. ~ 1 John 4:7

And sometimes I get too caught up in my life and my schedule that I forget that the whole reason I'm here on this earth is to show the love of Christ to others. And for me this year, Valentine's Day was a great reminder of this. 

Usually, Justin and I aren't huge fans of this holiday, but we did squeeze in a few unexpected & lovely celebrations this year. Saturday night we had a Valentine's Day dinner with my in-laws. Sorry for the blurry & poorly-lit photos, I didn't realize my flash was turned off.


A beautiful centerpiece made with carnations (my favorite flower)!

And just for good measure and keeping with this over-sharing theme, here's a picture of my carnation bouquet from our wedding.  (my sister's carried the white bouquets). 

Back to Saturday's dinner, it was truly a meal fit for a king (or queen!). We had steak, lobster, potatoes, and broccoli. 
My stomach just growled. Yum.


The following day we had a very special lunch with my family to celebrate my sister Lindsay's 26th birthday! (Lindsay's on the right, Taylor's on the left). I forgot to take my camera along - woops!

And as if all this goodness wasn't enough . . . I came home from work on Tuesday to find dinner made by sweet Justin waiting for me.


Homemade stromboli - complete with a heart in the center. 

Could my love tank be any fuller? 

 Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. 
~ Psalm 63:3

How did you celebrate Valentine's day? Any unexpected surprises? And I probably won't be posting again this week, so what's on tap for the weekend? :)

14 comments:

  1. I also happen to love carnations. I think they are severely underrated. Maybe it's because they aren't expensive, but all the more reason to like them.

    The stromboli looks delish. How awesome of Justin to make it. Also the surf and turf at the inlaws made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another carnation lover! :) They seriously don't get enough credit . . . but it works in my favor that they're cheap.

      Delete
  2. Awe! What a sweetie! We celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday (so we could celebrate closing on the house too) We went to dinner at Carrabba's and then exchanged low-key gifts. Jesse got me a VCR so that I can watch all my old childhood favorites! He even watched the Rescuers Down Under with me on VHS! It was simple, but really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats again on the house - I'm very excited for you and Jesse and to see all that you have in store!

      A VCR is such a sweet gift! I would love to watch all my old tapes . . . little mermaid, lady and the tramp, beethoven - they don't make them like that anymore! Glad you two had a special day together :)

      Delete
  3. You have a lot of love in your life!! That stromboli is such a sweet gesture, and homemade?! Go Justin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm voting that Justin takes over the cooking in our house . . hahah. :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVED THIS POST!!!!! (And SO jealous of that lobster! wow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! :) The lobster was a total surprise. . . but they had some still from when we had surf & turf for Christmas. Now it'll probably years until I have lobster again, haha.

      Delete
  5. Lobster sounds amazing! Thanks for this post. So often I forget to let Christ shine through me. I have ben reminded of that lately as I sing "This Little Light of Mine" to Noah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a beautiful song & a gentle reminder! I'm still in love with the name Noah for a girl too :)

      Delete
  6. What a nice reminder today! When I think of Christ's love for me, it really humbles me. You're dinner looks fabulous, and it looks like Justin scored some brownie points with the dinner; how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regan - we tagged you today in a little blogger Q and A that is going around! It would be fun if you joined in! :-)
    Katie and Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phòng khách là không gian không gian sinh hoạt chung của hầu hết mọi gia đình. Đây cũng là nơi bạn tiếp đón các vị khách của gia đình. Một phòng khách thoáng đãng, sạch sẽ thường đem đến những giây phút thư giãn khi khách tới thăm nhà bạn. Bên cạnh đó, việc giữ cho phòng khác của bạn luôn sạch sẽ cũng là một cách bạn thể hiện lòng hiếu khách của mình.
    Tuyệt chiêu chống muỗi cho phòng khách

    ReplyDelete