Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Again!

I took a little blogging break. And it felt pretty good. I actually debated shutting this whole thing down but then a sweet comment from Katie (Paisley Print Shoes) warmed my heart and all was right again in the blogosphere.


But if we're keeping things real . . . I'll let you know that my posts are going to be a bit more sporadic. Justin & I try our best to save up for projects but then sometimes the dishwasher breaks (twice) or there's a leak in the basement that requires our attention and, unfortunately, our money. As we start projects I'll be sure to share them though. Right now we're mulling over what our next project should be . . . we're thinking either the bathroom or our bedroom. I'll keep you posted once we've decided!


On a completely different note, a few weeks ago my mom, sister & brother came over for the weekend. And it snowed!
 Justin threw snow at me. Typical boy :)

Back of our house.  . . you can see my two planters never made it inside this year. Woops.


My sister's dog Sylvie love the snow! This was the only decent picture of her I was able to take. 

The rest of the time Sylvie ran around like a crazed canine.


Thanks for bearing with me everyone! Have a great Monday! :)

24 comments:

  1. So glad you're back! I was wondering where you went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, don't shut down! But I know how you feel. Sometimes it is hard to keep the momentum going. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you are not giving it up. I had been meaning to check on you. We have to save up for our projects too. But that's the best way to do things. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving up for projects takes a long time and it's hard . . . but I agree that it's the best way to do things. Thanks for the encouragement Krystle!

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling but I'm definitely glad you're back! Post when you can and I'll be here to read it whenever you feel like writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read your post the other week with your "confessions" I was saying amen the entire time in my head. Hahah. Thanks for the support Brandi!!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are back!!! And I know I, for one, would love to just see every day life as well as projects. Because hey - broken dishwashers and leaky basements happen to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're seriously too sweet Katie . . . I may start sprinkling a bit more of my everyday life into this blog too :) Thanks for all your kind words!! :)

      Delete
  6. I've been wondering where you were! I'm so glad you didn't quit! We'd miss you too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Ashley! 9 more days til you get your house, right? I'm so excited for you & Jesse!!

      Delete
  7. Glad to see you're back!! I'm with you, sometimes it's nice to just take a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's totally understandable. Sometimes I just don't feel like I have much to say! However, I like reading anything... You don't have to have a house project. A snowy day worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just took a break too! And I totally understand where you are coming from! Sometimes there is just not enough time in the day or money in the bank to get projects done around the house! I am going through the exact same thing, but just know that we don't mind how often you post or if it's about something other than house stuff! It's great to have you here still! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're back and didn't decide to stop posting! I understand that it's hard to come up with new projects all the time; I am guilty of not having anything to say on my blog for weeks sometimes. I'll still be here reading, no matter what its about or how long in between posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you haven't stopped blogging! I took a week off also; sometimes I just don't have anything interesting to write about. Your house is really cute from the outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay you're posting!! I love the everyday life posts just as much as the projects. It's a creative outlet either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you decided to come back! Don't worry if the posts and projects are sporadic. I'm sticking around regardless :) Love the snow pictures with your sister's dog - she looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally know how you're feeling. It's busy season at work so if I get home before 10, I want to put my feet up and on the weekends I just want to spend time with my BF. But the wonder of the blog world is that people can just get e-mail updates whenever you're ready! I love your blog and style and I hope you keep up on your own pace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! I was also wondering where you had been. :) I honestly find it easier to keep up with blogs that don't post every day, so sporadic posts are just fine.

    ReplyDelete